Thursday, June 2, 2011

Welcome Little Emily

Okay.... so I really stink at blogging. I want to do better so thus I will try again.

We now have 5 children..... and yes I am crazy! I love the shock factor of saying that to strangers that see me out in public. :D "Oh how cute," they say to me as they look in the car seat at Emily. Laura of course is in the background (or not so background) flashing her darling dimples and talking to everyone we meet. "You have such cute girls!" I of course smile and say thank you. I am humble like that. "You just have the two?" they then ask me. Here comes my favorite part..... I hold up 5 fingers and watch their jaws drop. With "You are crazy!" plain to be seen in their eyes. Yes.... I have 5 children and I am crazy. At least a little bit. You have to be not to go totally insane in the chaos and confusion that usually follows me around. Not that I don't desire a non-crazy life. Oh it would be nice! But the time for that is coming. (At least I keep telling myself that.) :D

So here is a little bit of what has been happening in our family as of late.

Emily is now 2 months old and growing way too fast! She started out at 7 lbs. 8.8 oz. More than a full pound bigger than all of our other kids.



At her last appointment she weighed in at 11 lbs 9.5 oz. I am happy to report that she has cute fat little thighs and a double chin. So glad that they look cute on her. Her favorite thing to do is be strapped to me, asleep in her Moby. (Please disregard the toothpaste splatters all over the mirror. That issue is discussed below. :D )


I love the thing! Yeay for having two hands to do stuff with. I sort of feel pregnant in it. It is hard to do dishes, vacuum and sweep. And almost impossible to do laundry in but the good thing.... I can take it off and have my body back to do all the stuff that needs to be done with little to no pain. (Except for in my butt because as soon as it is done, I turn around and it is all there.... waiting for me to do it all over again. Ahh the joys of never ending housework.)



Emily's newest thing to do is smile. And they are a wonder to behold! She will smile at you and you forget everything going on around you and just enjoy it. I love the smiles she gives where she scrunches up her nose. Those are the best!!

That is all for now for Emily. I will keep taking pictures of the darling things she does and (hopefully) be better at posting on a regular basis! (Fingers and toes crossed!)


2 comments:

Carolyn said...

I love all the updates on your kids! I can't believe they are all getting so big. I'm not sure I can call Andrew Andy though...

I love Emily's smile but my favorite picture was of Laura on the heat register! Too cute!

Keri McLauchlin said...

I have a hard time calling Andrew Andy too. So no worries. He goes by either. :D

I loved that picture of Laura too. Amy thought it was hilarious. :)