Thursday, June 2, 2011

Sir Scotty

Don't tell him that I posted him as "Scotty". He told me that I am the only one that can call him that but I am almost positive that others have called him that. But I guess as long as it isn't his friends (or his family in front of his friends) he is okay. :D


Scott is now 11 years old and he is okay with that because he is getting ready to go into Middle School. Yes! You read correctly. Middle School! I can hardly believe it... my baby boy is no longer in Elementary. It is such a strange thought that he is moving on. I remember going into Junior High and I KNOW I was so much older and more mature than I see him. Strange how a mothers view of her children tries to keep them little, helpless and dependent. Well at least some of the time. We of course are not counting the times that he is driving me nuts and I can hardly wait for him to "grow up!" But I don't think it will matter how old he gets... he will still be my baby boy.


Scott is really enjoying being in with the Scouts now. He had his crossing over ceremony in May, so now it is official that he is a BOY Scout. Not to be confused with a CUB Scout. :) I think there were some of the Pack meeting things that he really enjoyed (like treats) but hopefully he will get to have the occasional treat with the Scouts. He has added that as part of the Boy Scout Law... " A scout is trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, cheerful, brave, thrifty, clean, and reverent. (and HUNGRY!!)" Funny how much like his father Scott is. I asked Jeff to recite for me the Law as I typed it, not knowing before hand that I was going to add Scott's addition at the end. Ya, didn't need to add it. Jeff did for me with a laugh. "We always added that at the end," he says with the twinkle in his eye that I just love. Those are my men! Hungry!!



Yup.... that's my Scotty! Glad to be growing up (complete with the occasional voice cracking when he yells for me), always hungry and goofy as ever! That's the way we love him!! :D

No comments: