Thursday, June 2, 2011

Laura Lou

Wow.... Where to start with Miss Laura.... She is growing... of course. She loves to have her picture taken! As both my phone and computer pictures can attest to. She sees me take the camera out to capture Emily or various other things and there she is... "Mommy, me! MEEE!!!" "Okay... okay." I say to her. "CHEESE!!" She says and then strikes a pose. Such a little picture hog! But we love her.


Her curls are the best. After the haircutting incident a while ago. (Where a 3 year old aspiring hair dresser named Maddie cut all her curls off to the scalp.) We have done pixxy cuts on her for a while. She is very cute in short hair. But I am glad that her hair comes back curly each time it grows out. It is about time for another hair cut and I am debating about having it done. I love her curls but her hair is hanging in her eyes. Decisions... decisions.

We (okay Jeff) put in hardwood floors while he was home helping me recover from having Emily. It was quite the undertaking. We love them (although keeping them swept and clean is another thing)! Laura found that on the cold days she could hover over the furnace vents and get nice and warm. I remember doing that as a kid too. Only I would twist myself up in the curtains that hung in the front room (much to mom's dismay because I am sure that I almost pulled them down more than once) and shimmy over to the vent. Such a warm little cocoon I had there. It was fun to watch Laura discover this all on her own. And of course when I pulled out the camera to capture it.... well.... a photo shoot then followed.



While Papa and Grandma where here visiting from Utah, the kids convinced them to take them to the school park to play. Laura would not leave the house without her trusty cape that I am sure one of these times that I wash it will totally fall apart. A cute (yellow) pile of strings will be all that will remain of this wonderful cape that Grandma made for Scott when he was Laura's size.



Most of the time this cape and a diaper is about all that is on Laura during the day. It is a sure battle when it comes time to get dressed to go anywhere and she doesn't want to be. So what did I do when I had to take Jeff to the airport first thing in the morning and then rush to the school right after for a meeting (before school started) with Scott's teachers and other school personnel??? I did what any good mother would do! Make her get dressed in clothes fit for public??? Nope!!! I took her in her onesie and the trusty cape! :D Yup... that's me! Mother of the Year! Always has it together! Never seen in public without make up on, hair done beautifully, and the kids looking perfect. Ya.... maybe next year! :) I even got a comment from the Vice Principle at school. Thankfully it was a compliment (I think). She said that it was good to see that not all mothers have it all together that early in the morning. She commended me for not trying to kill myself to have the kids look perfect. Glad my hard work (throwing her in the truck half dressed) paid off. :)

No comments: