Thursday, June 2, 2011

Mom... my name is Andy!

So I have come to a horrible realization..... I don't have very many pictures of our Andrew.... I mean Andy! It's not like he isn't there or even quiet. Nope, he is very witty and has quite the way of thinking about things and expressing himself. I just don't manage to get him in too many pictures because he is so very busy. Andy has loved Kindergarten! Thus the reason I think that he has changed from Andrew to Andy. He doesn't mind me calling him Andrew still.... which is good. He will always be Andrew to his Mommy! He just came home from school one day and announced to all of us at dinner... "You can call me Andy now because Andy is short for Andrew."



Andy has enjoyed so many things this year. From going to school and piano lessons (short lived unfortunately), to riding his bike and Beyblades. He is boy thru and thru! Tough as nails (until he needs his mom.) So glad that they never outgrow that!

Andrew is doing so good at reading. He can read most of the words by himself when we are doing our family scriptures in the morning. He is also very good at math. It just blows me away that they are reading, writing and doing math (addition) in Kindergarten. I remember Kindergarten as being a big long play time. Making butterflies or hearts with crayon shavings. Coloring all day long and of course playing outside on the slides. Amazing how things have changed since I was a kid. :D

No comments: