Monday, June 6, 2011

My Birthday Weekend

We have had such a crazy weekend. So much has been going on.

First off on Friday we had a birthday party (finally) for Scott. Nothing like procrastinating (plus I only had a few things going on since the end of March). :D Well we finally did it and I think they had a great time. We had several boys over for dinner and cake. We did hot dogs for dinner. (High class dinner right there!) They could either have chili dogs or regular (with ketsup and mustard). I was surprised at how many liked the chili dogs. Yeay for cheep meals that make everyone happy!

After dinner we rushed right into dessert. Brownies with ice cream and hot fudge sauce. Baby M&M's sprinkled all over it. Good stuff! I had some hot fudge sunday cake in the oven because that is really what Scott wanted but by the time I got done feeding Emily, changing her diaper, feeding her again and finally gave up and put her in the swing screaming, the cake was going into the oven late. It came out of the oven as the boys were running out the door to the $3 theater to watch Rango. Oh well, it didn't go to waste. I wish I could say the same thing with my waist. :D

Everyone had a great time. (I think Jeff did too.) Andrew was excited to be included in going to the movies with the big kids and I think that is what he wants to do for his birthday party this year. We made a deal with the kids that we would definitely do a "Friend" party on their odd year birthdays. (That way, I only have to stress about doing a party every other year.)

Saturday was my birthday and it dawned with the sun shining and the potential for temperatures in the upper 80's. We were not at all excited (typed with as much sarcasm dripping as I could manage) since all we have seen for a long time is nothing but rain. The kids were begging to swim (even though we warned them it would be cold) so after breakfast in bed, we packed a picnic and headed off to the lake.


We found a nice spot of shade close to the shore for Emily and me while the kids stripped down to their swim suits and went running to the water. After several deep breaths and some cold shock...

... everyone was in the water and having fun. :)


Jeff and I stayed in the shade for a little bit and enjoyed the beautiful day. There was a cute goose family with 8 goslings that were swimming around the lake. It was fun to watch them and the Osprey that was fishing in the lake.

After some coaxing from the kids, Jeff slowly made his way into the water and with his trusty side kicks, Scott and Amy, swam out to a dock floating in the middle of the lake. They had a great time jumping in and swimming.


Andrew and Laura stayed back at the beach and played.


Emily and I just lazed in the shade.


I just loved this picture of Jeff holding Emily.



Eventually everyone was tired and cold and it was time to head home. I think we could have stayed at the lake all day but Jeff and I had plans for dinner. We came home, cleaned up and Jeff and I went to dinner at Who Song and Larry's with some friends.


It was a GREAT day! (And I am glad to note, that I don't feel any older.) :D

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Sounds like a great day! I'm glad the kids had fun freezing. I mean swimming! Happy birthday!